[tpm] I wish I was better at regex's

J. Bobby Lopez jbl at jbldata.com
Wed Mar 9 14:03:02 PST 2011

Then I suppose a rephrasing the question would be beneficial.  Instead of:

"Strip comments from lines while obeying quoted strings"

.. maybe:

"Rip key/value pairs from line, and disregard comments".

Which would put the focus on the key/val pairs (with an opportunity to
normalize them; convert them all to quoted values, for example), instead of
focusing on stripping the comments away.