[tpm] Is there a way to choose from several interpreters, using the hashBang?

J Z Tam jztam at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 11:32:26 PDT 2011

CAVEAT:  Windoze XP and Server2003/5  here. Ugh.  I'm trying to figure out an elegant way to have multiple install trees able to be sourced, either just before a perl program is executed, or at the time the hashBang line is encountered.

I thought there was a nifty cool way to select the particular   perl interpreter just before the #! line, or actually AT the  #!  line.
1. Q: what if the caller's %PATH% environment variable does NOT contain a valid pathToInterpreter
2. Q:  What if the the install tree that is eventually found, is missing a use'd or require'd  package, or the wrong version of the package?