[tpm] Perl Position is Toronto

Joanna Mamo joanna at ianmartin.com
Fri Feb 4 08:52:27 PST 2011

Hi there,

One of your group members mentioned to reach out to you.

I have an amazing Perl Development position with a great client in the west end of Toronto. Wondering if you would be kind enough to post it or distribute it to anyone you think might benefit from the referral. We both know that Perl candidates and positions are hard to come by so this is a great way to network. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

My client is a leading provider of airline tickets, hotel accommodations, vacation packages and car rentals. They are looking for a Perl Developer, the position will involve working on travel software and metasearch projects using web technologies using Perl, XML, DHTML, CSS, AJAX, Javascript.

I am looking for full time software developers to join their team and participate in the creation of exciting web based products that are redefining the travel map in Canada. The position will involve working on travel software and metasearch projects using web technologies including Perl, XML, DHTML, CSS, AJAX and Javascript. Our development tool chain comprises of Perl with Postgresql on Linux using the Catalyst framework and the Moose meta object system. We have multiple vacancies available for this position.

Here are the details of the job:

Perl Developer - Mississauga / Oakville
Full time salaried position

Software Developers will report to the Chief Technology Officer.

Position Requirements

Skills and Education:

A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience

At least three years of experience developing in Perl <note: maybe 2 years is enough?>

Demonstrated experience and competence in developing in object oriented Perl

Knowledge of/ experience in Moose and the Catalyst framework is a major asset

Experience with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and jQuery is an asset

Good written and spoken English

Qualities:

Software Developer

Proactive with excellent communication skills

Team Player

Our client Offers:

Above average compensation package

Group Benefits Plan

Opportunities for professional development and training

Joanna Mamo
Technical Recruiter
Ian Martin Information Technology
33 Yonge Street, 9th floor