[tpm] Fwd: Books and News from the O'Reilly User Group Program--Dec

Mike Stok mike at stok.ca
Mon Dec 19 08:25:15 PST 2011

Dec 2011 Issue

New Releases:

A Bug Hunter's Diary
By Tobias Klein

Ableton Live 8 Tips and Tricks
By Stephen Bennett

Application Security for the Android Platform
By Jeff Six

The Art of Readable Code
By Dustin Boswell, Trevor Foucher

The Art of the App Store

Beginning iOS Game Development

Beginning PhoneGap

Breaking the Page: Preview Edition
By Peter Meyers

Building Hypermedia APIs with HTML5 and Node
By Mike Amundsen

Building Web Applications with SVG

More New Releases >>

Hi There

We'd like to wish everyone Happy Holidays from O'Reilly.

There's too much information coming at us these days--let the Information Diet help regulate your intake. If you'd like to participate and keep it local, join (or start) an Information Diet Meet-Up.

Make: Projects is a living library for makers--a how-to community hosted by MAKE magazine. Connect with the collective smarts of the maker community.

There's still time to take advantage of the Make Kit-A-Day giveaway, and a chance to win a free MakerBot Thing-O-Matic 3-D printer for your very own. Check it out.

Have you seen the Perl Advent Calendar?

Thanks,

----Marsee Henon and Jon Johns

P.S. Want to hang out? Here's a list of the places the UG team will be. If you're attending or live in the area and have time to get together, please let us know.

SCALE--Jan 20-22
Community Leadership Summit West--Jan 14
Code Mash--Jan 11-14

UG Discounts--Ebooks, Conferences, and More

Velocity 2012 Call for Participation is open until Jan 10

OSCON 2012 Call for Participation is open until Jan 12

Strata Conference--Making Data Work Feb 28-Mar 1
20% UG discount code: STR12UG

Tools of Change in Publishing Conference Feb 13-15
20% UG discount code: TOCUG

Where Conference Apr 2-4
20% UG discount code WHR12UG

SCALE Southern California Linux Expo Jan 20-22
40% UG discount code ORA12

Node Summit Jan 24-25
20% UG discount code MPOR20

SPTechCon Feb 26-29
$100 off UG discount code OREILLY

Buy 1 Ebook, Get 1 Free:
Go to oreilly.com and use discount code DSUG2
When you buy ebooks through oreilly.com you get lifetime access to the book, and whenever possible we provide it to you in five DRM-free file formats--PDF, ePub, Kindle compatible .mobi, DAISY, and Android APK--to use on the devices of your choice. Our ebook files are fully searchable and you can cut, paste, and print them. We also alert you when we've updated the files with corrections and additions.

Receive a 10-day free trial and 20% off monthly fees to a Safari Books Online Library subscription for up to 6 months. That means unlimited access to more than 16,000 books and videos about technology, digital media, personal development, and business from O'Reilly Media and more than 40 of the world's leading publishers.

UG leaders only--Put Up a Banner; Get a Free Book

We're looking for user groups to display our discount banners on your websites. If you send us your group's site with one or more banners posted, we'll send you the O'Reilly book(s) of your choice. Choose from the following list of banners:

Strata Conference slide
Tools of Change for Publishing Conference banner
O'Reilly Webcasts banner
O'Reilly Answers banner
User Group Discount slide

Upcoming Event

Webcast: The Information Diet: A History of the Diet
When: Jan 5, 2012
We'll talk about obesity -- where it comes from, and what's been done to prevent it.

More Upcoming Events >>

--

Mike Stok <mike at stok.ca>
http://www.stok.ca/~mike/