[tpm] [JOB] Sr Software Engineer Ad Serving/BI

Li Sen lsen at looksmart.net
Fri Apr 8 12:21:57 PDT 2011

Hi,

LookSmart is a public company located in San Francisco that builds and
manages ad networks.  We are expanding and will be opening an office in
Toronto, thus, we're looking for strong Perl senior software engineers
to either join our ad serving or business intelligence engineering
teams.  If you are interested in:

-projects that deal with data sets in the billions per day (ad requests
for ad serving and log lines in BI) and where performance is measured in ms

-rapid release cycles (e.g. weekly) that rely heavily on automated testing

-working with team mates that are highly technical and team-focused

-having perltidy and Perl::Critic as gating factors in code check-ins
(of course, configurations for both are reasonable)

We may have a position for you.

Some qualifications:

-Strong Perl and UNIX system programming skills (in Perl or C)

-Experience developing scalable HPC applications and dealing with
extremely large data sets (1 billion or more transactions per day)

-Experience in solving complex technical problems of significant scope

-Experience developing and operating Perl-based data warehousing/ETL
applications against very large relational databases, especially Oracle

-Experience in web/click stream analysis

-Experience with test automation, UNIX admin, and distributed systems

If the above sounds like what you are looking for, please email me your
cover letter and/or resume, preferably in text format.

Thanks,

Li
--
LookSmart.com
Director of Engineering, Ad Serving and BI