[tpm] Re :lightning talks - 30 *September* 2010

Indy Singh indy at indigostar.com
Wed Sep 29 08:21:48 PDT 2010

Here is the Monty Python fix.  The slides can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

present();
sub present {
  print "Spam ";
  sleep 1;
  fork();
  present();
}

----- Original Message -----
  From: Stuart Watt
  To: toronto-pm at pm.org
  Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:59 AM
  Subject: Re: [tpm] Re :lightning talks - 30 *September* 2010

  I tried it with:

  sub present {
    fork();
    present();
  }

  Something didn't work. I wonder what...

  --S

  On 9/29/2010 10:54 AM, Dave Doyle wrote:
    I really expected more from dual-presenters.

    They should fork themselves.

    dave.s.doyle at gmail.com

    On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew at gmail.com> wrote:

        On 2010-09-29, at 10:36 AM, Fulko Hew wrote:

        > On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Phillip Smith <phillip at communitybandwidth.ca> wrote:
        >
        > Do presenters need to worry about connecting to a projector, or presenting technology at all? Or are these talks literally "talks," without visual aids?
        >
        > Most presentations usually have a few slides,
        > ... some have had audio
        > and others have been limited to 'creative hand-waving'.

        I like hand-waving. That works for me.   :)  Are we presenting from our laptop, or from a projector? I.e., are the lightening talks simultaneous (aka "Speed Geek" [1] style) or one after another to the entire room?

      A projector. is usually available,

      And no, there are not simultaneous.  That would be too hard to listen to.
      (Sometimes I have trouble focusing on one thing at a time let alone 12!)
      And besides... those presenters that are giving TWO talks would have
      great difficulty giving them both at the same time!

      So... they are presented serially.

      ... one presenter... one projector... one topic... at a time.