[tpm] Why perl lost steam...

Jake Payton jakepayton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:52:17 PDT 2010

I think it's because people want things that are easy right out of the
box.  I love perl because I am unconstrained, but I feel like some are
intimidated by that freedom.  They would rather spend less time
exploring and simply have something that "just works" for their
specific task.

Open source is great when you have the will, but many would rather
just be shown the way.

Sent from my iPhone