[tpm] How to "like" a CPAN module on Facebook

Olaf Alders olaf at vilerichard.com
Fri Oct 15 22:03:20 PDT 2010

Mark and I have been playing with cpan-mangler this week.  It now has some fun improvements:

1) search terms are highlighted on search result pages
2) search results now display how many modules depend on the modules displayed -- this gives you a measure of how "important" the module may be
3) there's now a Facebook "like" button on module and distribution pages

The first 2 contributions came via other developers, but we actually did the heavy lifting on item #3.

So, if anyone out there is feeling up to it, please grab the project and test it out for us as some feedback would be helpful.  It's at:

http://github.com/oalders/cpan-mangler

Installation instructions are near the bottom of the page.

If you do get it up and running, please search on DBIx::Class and "like" that module.  We'd be interested to see how the formatting of the page looks with more icons being displayed there.  You can see an example of what the Facebook button looks like here: http://yfrog.com/62yk6p

Thanks!

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders