[tpm] CPAN as a web service

Phillip Smith phillip at communitybandwidth.ca
Sun Oct 10 15:37:37 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-08, at 1:23 PM, Olaf Alders wrote:

> On 2010-10-07, at 4:48 PM, J. Bobby Lopez wrote:
>
>> It would be great if this new search engine/statistics reporting engine could be decentralized, and have this decentralization as part of it's core design.  That way there would (hopefully) never be a situation where users are dependant on a single instance of a service running under a single domain.
>
> I think that increases the complexity considerably, but yes, I think that would be very helpful.  Would make for an interesting discussion.

That was one of the reasons that I mentioned Elastic Search. It's a *distributed*, REST-ful, JSON-native, search engine. What that means: straightforward to put data in and get it out; easy to use the results as data in another applications, and high-uptime.   :)

Check it out:
http://www.elasticsearch.com/

--
Phillip Smith   //   Simplifier of Technology   //   COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH
www.communitybandwidth.ca   //   www.phillipadsmith.com