[tpm] Standard for Lightning Talks?

Mike Stok mike at stok.ca
Sat Oct 2 16:05:13 PDT 2010

On Oct 1, 2010, at 11:25 AM, Fulko Hew wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:55 AM, <arocker at vex.net> wrote:
>
> Now that USB sticks are ubiquitous, cheap, and capacious, perhaps we
> should make it a standard procedure for lightning talks to have one
> machine connected to the projector for the entire evening, and everybody
> bring their visuals on a stick to insert into it?
>
> We might have to agree on some standards, (e.g. the machine will have
> Firefox, a bash-compatible shell, and a particular version of perl), but
> it would avoid the current inter-talk fumbling.
>

> In general, thats probably a good idea,
> except when someone wants to demo the app, do audio, etc.
>
> like what a fellow called Alan was doing.  :-)

If the projector has >1 input then would it be reasonable to say "there will be a machine (configuration...) to present on, if you want to use something else then you can as long as you don't unplug the official machine."  We could even be generous and have a spare video / dvi cable.

Mike

--

Mike Stok <mike at stok.ca>
http://www.stok.ca/~mike/