[tpm] venue -- U of T

William O'Higgins Witteman william.ohiggins at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 10 07:53:36 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:11:05AM -0500, Olaf Alders wrote:
>I had a look at U of T's pricing for room rentals and it seems quite reasonable.  I can narrow down some room possibilities so that we can consider them at the next meeting, but there are a lot of buildings to choose from.  Does anyone know offhand which buildings are used by computer science etc?  I'm guessing they might have the better setups for projectors etc.

I work at the University, and have a perspective on this issue.  I work
in the Pharmacy building, but I have meetings in several buildings.  The
rooms with better projection capability are not necessarily those used
by CS (though Bahen will be quite good regardless of room) but based
modernity.

Older buildings may not have built-in projectors, while new buildings
almost certainly do.  The key when booking is to ask for room
capabilities and be sure to obtain the requisite passwords, as some
projectors are controlled by touch screens which require login.
--

yours,

William