[tpm] how to detect ICMP 'port unreachable'?

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 09:17:27 PDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Kartik Thakore
<thakore.kartik at gmail.com>wrote:

> To get the low kevel ICMP messages short of a packet listener you will need
> to write some c level socket, then do XS to get it in perl.

But the Perl/CPAN people keep saying... 'everything you can possible want
has already (probably) been written, and is available as a CPAN module.'

:-)

I can probably open some kind of raw ICMP protocol socket and add
it to the select() list the app already has.  ... The devil is in the
details.