[tpm] Automatically generating HTML forms from perl data structures

J. Bobby Lopez jbl at jbldata.com
Wed Jun 16 14:15:29 PDT 2010

Hey All,

I'm currently working on some tools which aim to read in JSON data into perl
data structures (with JSON::XS), and then automatically generate TT
templates for HTML forms, based on the data types of the elements within the
data structure.

So far I have working code, but I was curious if were more common ways of
doing this?  I've searched CPAN for similar modules, but haven't found any
so far.

Template Toolkit isn't necessary, but I figured I'd incorporate that early
since it makes dealing with HTML much less cumbersome.  The basic goal is to
be able to read JSON data and dynamically generate an HTML form (without
hard-coding any of the name/value elements), and then use that form to save
the data back to JSON format.

Experience with XML would likely be relevant here as well.

Thanks!

Bobby