[tpm] Hackathon or presentation format for Game Development with SDL perl

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sun Feb 7 08:48:58 PST 2010

On Feb 7, 2010, at 9:17 AM, Mike Stok wrote:

> I think that there was misunderstanding about the term "hackathon",
> and maybe we (TPM) need to use a different term for a short "lab
> programming session". Usually hackathons are quite long sessions,
> and we would need to plan a little to make it a successful and
> rewarding event (location, supply of food / coffee / pop / beer...)

I think that's a useful terminological distinction.  Toronto, to its
credit, has hosted at least *3* hackathons that I know of, each of
which took place at a time and place other than the usual monthly
to.pm meeting.

We have also had to.pm monthly meetings that qualify as "lab
programming sessions," e.g., the "build Parrot and get to Hello
World" session we had in March 2008.

JIm Keenan