[tpm] Off-Topic: ISP recommendations for my new home? -- (ADSL2 / MLPPP / FTTH)

Abuzar abuzar at abuzar.com
Sun Dec 12 10:03:52 PST 2010

Hi all,

Sorry for the off-topic post.  I don't have a lot of geeky friends, so
TPM is pretty much the only place I can ask for help.

I'm trying to set up a new internet connection at the house I'll be
moving into.  There's a few people living there and we'd like to have
a 10Mbps-100Mbps unthrottled and unlimited internet connection with a
budget around $100.  Can anyone recommend anything?  I keep hearing
about ADSL2, MLPPP, and fiber-optic stuff, but don't know much about
it.  It would be nice to have a static IP too for running a server as
well as something better than 800Kbps upstream.

Again, sorry for the off-topic post.  Any help will be appreciated.

Abuzar