[tpm] Graphical perl debugger Windows 7.

Stuart Watt stuart at morungos.com
Mon Aug 23 12:17:02 PDT 2010

  I tend to use Eclipse with EPIC, and a homebrewed Perl (virtually
identical to Strawberry, which would do fine). This is all free stuff.
Source level debugging works OK, although I have had a few issues with
Catalyst applications on Windows. In practice, I tend to use the classic
command-line debugger for most debugging, but EPIC does do source-level
stepping, variable inspection, etc. Eclipse also has the advantage I'm
using the same environment to edit templates, CSS, JavaScript, etc.

For bar-column charts, I now use a JavaScript toolkit (Dojo) rather than
rendering them server-side. This makes them more interactive, and they
look better too.

With a little patience, most modules which can work in ActiveState will
install in Strawberry. So do a lot which don't work/aren't available in
ActiveState, as you can fiddle with the scripts.

All the best
Stuart