[tpm] Flexible scheduling scripts

Stuart Watt stuart at morungos.com
Wed Sep 30 14:32:46 PDT 2009

Kartik Thakore wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After building an arsenal of Perl scripts to ease my work load I am
> looking for a way to schedule this perl scripts. When I say flexibilty
> I would like to be able to change a text file the scheduler is running
> against and not have to restart the scheduler.
It might be worth looking at TaskForest (http://www.taskforest.com/),
which is a Perl scheduler and claims to do a lot of this. We did look at
this, as we needed some of this functionality, but (a) we were using
Windows mostly, and (b) we needed to run things in parallel with
dependencies, so we ended up crafting a different approach. It may be
worth looking into, though.

All the best
Stuart
--