[tpm] Volunteers needed for posting meeting details on web site and to mailing list

Michael Graham magog at the-wire.com
Mon Sep 21 08:23:38 PDT 2009

I've brought this up before, but I thought I'd put it out to the list
again.  Until now, I've been responsible for posting upcoming
meetings on the web site and sending notices out to the
mailing list.

I haven't been doing a very good job of it, and that's been especially
true this past summer when I was missing meetings as well, so I was out
of the loop.

I'm looking for one or two volunteers to take over the following
roles.

1) Finding out who is talking each month and chasing up speakers
   for titles/descriptions

This is a pretty easy task, but involves some organizational skills.

2) Announcing meetings to the web site and to the list.

This is very easy, and takes very little time each month (about 10
minutes).  Edit one HTML file and send out an email to the list.

3) Redesign of the web site for better usability and easier maintenance.

This is a pretty big job.  Doesn't necessarily involve programming, but
it could.  Better organization and cleaner HTML and styles would be
fantastic.  A blog with an event calendar would be nifty.

Of these three jobs, the first two are more important, and very easy.

Any takers?  Please respond to me privately or we'll discuss at the
next meeting.  Which is this Thursday, BTW.

Michael

--
Michael Graham <magog at the-wire.com>