[tpm] Yet another suggestion for a lightning talk

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sun Sep 6 10:48:56 PDT 2009

Since I'm back in NYC, I won't be seen at TPM for an undefined number
of months.   But here is something someone could do at your September
Lightning Talks meeting that flows from what I was talking about at
the August meeting.

1.  Write a specification for tests for one feature of
ExtUtils::ParseXS.

ParseXS is essential for Perl extensions but the scope of its formal
testing is minimal.  We're trying to expand its test coverage, which
entails writing little sample.xs files to serve as inputs for tests
in the module's test suite.  But before we write those sample.xs
files, we should have a list of all such files we will eventually
need.  That means going through 'perldoc perlxs' paragraph-by-
paragraph and writing a human-language description of the various
sample.xs files we'll need to test the features in each paragraph.

At the Lightning Talk, display a paragraph from 'perlxs', then
display a list of the sample.xs files we'll need to thoroughly test
the features needed in that paragraph.