[tpm] Glob problem

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Tue Oct 27 11:38:31 PDT 2009

  SF> That put aside, File::Slurp is a simple, self-contained wrapper
  SF> for some of the functions in perldoc perlfunc and others in
  SF> perldoc File::Spec and other core modules. I'm also quite fond of
  SF> Ingy's IO::All which is more comprehensive, and has a lot of
  SF> syntactic sugar, but also potentially more buggy and quirky. See:

then you don't know file::slurp at all. it is far from a wrapper. it is
the fastest way to slurp files (see the benchmark script included in the
tarball). it also has many return variations and useful options that are
not duplicated in file::spec or other modules. please learn about the
module before you make such casual comments.

  SF> http://search.cpan.org/dist/IO-All/

and that uses file::slurp internally for its slurping and it loads tons
of cpan for you (file::slurp has no dependencies).

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------