[tpm] Hackathons

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Mon Nov 2 05:26:44 PST 2009

On Nov 2, 2009, at 8:18 AM, Kartik Thakore wrote:

> And finally I have no clue what goes into preparing for a
> hackathon. Do tpm engage in hackathon? What do we need? Anyone has
> plans for an upcomping hackathon? I will try and visit on if so ...

Toronto Perlmongers has a good history with respect to hackathons:

* pre-YAPC hackathon in June 2005
* CGI::Application::Framework hackathon in October 2005
* mini-hackathon in April 2007

As to organizing same:

* http://thenceforward.net/perl/yapc/YAPC-NA-2007/houslight/
* PDX.pm (Portland, OR) has spawned a weekly hackathon for open
source programming by conducting it in a very large brewpub.  I only
learned about this last week and am hoping that details will be
posted on the pmgroups mailing list.

jimk