[tpm] Possible future talk?

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Tue May 12 09:21:07 PDT 2009

Hi all,

   I posted this to TLUG and it was received... well, it wasn't. Not a
reply either way. lol. Maybe TPM would be interested? Perhaps it's too
low down though for the TPM crowd?

   I saw an article the other day about how there isn't all that much in
the way of "intermittent" level papers, talks and such on most
programming languages. I'm not sure how true this is, but it got me
thinking about a possible future talk.

   Would there be any interest in an intermittent talk about Perl? I was
thinking along the lines of "Introduction to Writing Perl Modules",
"Introduction to Object Oriented Perl" or something similar/variation
of/combination of.

   I make no claim to be an expert in either of these fields, or in Perl
itself, but I do feel confident enough in them to introduce the topics
to people who may have an otherwise softer exposure to Perl.

   If so, I'd be ready later in the summer.

Madi