[tpm] Contact

Peter Szirmak pszirmak at mapador.com
Sat Mar 28 09:44:24 PDT 2009

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. You are right, of course I would and should include
more on any job offer. But actually my email wasn't a 'job offer'. I thought
I was writing to a webmaster who would then direct me to the right contact.
Your website doesn't really suggest that an email written to the webmaster
actually gets to a list of people. Hence my relative short initial email
(many times the webmaster is just the guy who responds to problems on the
website...).

Mapador Inc. is a completely legit company, even if it is relatively new (<
1 year). The technology and people behind it are quite seasoned, coming from
my previous company (>20 years). Mapador Inc. is a spin-off, focusing on
technology that involves a lot of parsers, many written in Perl.

And yes, you are right, I ran other ventures in the past - hence what you
find on Google.

I simply wanted to get to know some people who might be interested in
following us / joining us as we grow. I am looking at several projects, some
may start as early as April / May. But I very much believe that knowledge of
something is just one component to success - professionalism and attitude
are quite important to me as well. Hence I do want to meet people before I
blindly hire. Once we get to that stage, you will see that results matter
more to me than where or when the job got done. I have worked with people
from far away, who preferred to work at nights. Whatever - what they
delivered was A+, on time.

For your reference, I will be opening up an office once these projects are
on the go. It will be along the Yonge corridor (subway and parking are
important), somewhere north of midtown. I am not a big fan of having fake
Bay street addresses for nothing - our clients don't care for such - me
neither.

Hence, my email was exactly what I meant: take a look at the website and
anyone is interested to be contacted as the opportunities materialize, send
me an email / resume.

Cheers,

Peter