[tpm] Working with Net::Twitter

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:12:26 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Adam Prime <adam.prime at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> I haven't used it directly, i use twirc (which uses it).
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/POE-Component-Server-Twirc/
>
> Twirc is pretty awesome, but probably not if you aren't already running an
> irc client for something.

I can see how merging IRC & Twitter could be useful - looks kinda neat
actually - but I personally don't use IRC very often.  IRC is like the
emacs of instant messaging and I don't use that either.

Anyway it's not a big deal.  The reason I'm even looking at Twitter is
to see a bit more of the cloud.  I came across a couple of interesting
stories today about Salesforce[1][2] and suppose they were the straws
that broke the camels' back.  (Sorry for the pun.)

Writing interfaces (CLI and GUI) for web services and/or
cloud-computing environments is a part of my current undertaking (code
name "lazius") and this seemed a relatively simple place to start.

In any event, I'm sure the answer's out there.  Thanks for pointing
out the IRC connection though; I may have a use for that down the
road.  :-)

[1]
  http://tinyurl.com/c7aat2
  http://www.techcrunchit.com/2009/03/22/salesforce-puts-tweets-in-the-cloud/