[tpm] Perl as a career

Martin at Cleaver.org Martin at Cleaver.org
Sun Mar 8 08:11:34 PDT 2009

And I'd said:
>> Perl seems to have a more than N ways of doing it, where it = framework,
and N is a sane, justifiable number.

If Perl is to compete I believe it would serve itself by focusing the
energies of its users on a smaller set.

While many criticize PHP for having too many functions built into the PHP
core, that's a less complex issue than too many frameworks.

If one thing would get my attention for Perl 6 it would be a "fewer ways to
do something" mentality. Convention over Configuration and all that.

Martin.