[tpm] Perl as a career

arocker at vex.net arocker at vex.net
Sat Mar 7 12:02:30 PST 2009

> Antonio Sun wrote:

>> I'm new to TPM, and would like to hear your opinion on Perl's future
>> from the career prospective.

I don't think there is any such thing as a career in IT any more: the
technology changes too quickly, and the schooling industry keeps turning
out cheap replacements for you. If you do it as an adjunct to some other
trade or profession (e.g. banking or accounting), you'ld better be
identified with that rather than computing, if you don't want to be
replaced when when some new technology becomes the flavour of the month.

I just hope Richard is right, and Perl 6 emerges soon to take the world by
storm.