[tpm] CPAN Recursive Dependencies

Tom Legrady legrady at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:16:04 PDT 2009

While you can use Perl -MCPAN -e'shell', you can also use the 'cpan command'
which includes -i install and -f force flags. So I would try

cpan -fi Test::Harness

The other option is to figure out where it stores that it should
automatically load dependencies, and disable that, so an install only
reports dependencies, rather than trying to install them.

I had no problems when I installed Bundle::CPAN a few weeks back ... but I
did have problems differentiating between the Perl5.10 I installed for my
own use, and the Perl5.8 Mac OSX uses