[tpm] CPAN Recursive Dependencies

Quantum Mechanic quantum.mechanic.1964 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:21:06 PDT 2009

I've been having some module troubles, and thought I'd start fresh, cleaning
out the .cpan directory, etc.

I don't have control over the system Perl, so I install modules I need in my
own space (~/perl/lib, etc.).

Note, I haven't removed installed modules, just the ~/.cpan directory, and
started over. (Maybe I should clean out all my installed modules too? But
DBM::Deep was a pain.)

% perl -MCPAN -eshell
cpan > install Bundle::CPAN

...yada yada yada...

Recursive dependency detected:
    Bundle::CPAN
 => Test::Harness
 => A/AN/ANDYA/Test-Harness-3.17.tar.gz
 => File::Spec
 => S/SM/SMUELLER/PathTools-3.30.tar.gz
 => Scalar::Util
 => G/GB/GBARR/Scalar-List-Utils-1.21.tar.gz
 => Test::More
 => M/MS/MSCHWERN/Test-Simple-0.88.tar.gz
 => Test::Harness.
Cannot continue.

Um, geez, how do I fix this?

Or should I abandon this path altogether?

Maybe someone can give me some good advice on how to start clean and get it
to work the first time?

--
-QM
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of