[tpm] Bullet Points from Tonight's TPM Presentation

Olaf Alders olaf at vilerichard.com
Fri Aug 28 05:28:46 PDT 2009

On 27-Aug-09, at 11:23 PM, James E Keenan wrote:

> *** blackbox:  Does any given revision of ParseXS.pm produce the
> same C output for a given input (modulo whitespace) -- where "given
> input" means "any .XS file currently in CPAN?  Create a minicpan;
> identify all .XS files; understand how they're called by xsubpp,
> i.e., with what options; write script that compares "before" and
> "after" versions

As far as disk usage goes, my current minicpan shows:

du -sh minicpan
1.1G	minicpan

So, it's much smaller than I actually thought it was.  Getting it set
up initially is actually quite simple.  Something like this would put
the files in /root/minicpan:

/usr/local/bin/minicpan -l /root/minicpan -r ftp://CPAN.mirror.rafal.ca/pub/CPAN/

Olaf