[tpm] Thursday's meeting

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Wed Aug 26 10:37:12 PDT 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 9:11 AM, arocker at vex.net wrote:

> Jim Keenan is coming from New York, with updates on the progress of
> Parrot
> (and possibly other projects). A good turn-out will make it worth his
> while.
>
> The meeting room for this Thursday, August 27, is room 15 on the
> 8th floor.

1.  What's the meeting's exact starting time?  (Or, better still, by
what time should I be in the lobby so that I can get up the elevators
with the group?)

2.  I'll be touching upon areas such as these:
(a) Current state of the Parrot virtual machine, and what even a
total noob can do to contribute to the Parrot project.
(b) Current state of Rakudo, the Perl 6 implementation on Parrot --
and what you can do to help out Perl 6 now.
(c) Perl 5 Corehackers Project; my piece of the action:  phalanxing
the worst Larry Wall code ever; how you can help.

There will be handouts for (a) and (b) -- but no pony.  Refreshments
to follow.

Jim Keenan