[tpm] Talk volunteer... not for today though

Michael Graham magog at the-wire.com
Fri Oct 31 13:05:25 PDT 2008

> So, anyone have a part of CGI::App that they particularly hate? :)

I can't remember all the details of what people were talking about.  I
do remember:

  * the run method does too much and is hard to override - it should be
    broken up into smaller, easily-overridable methods.  (This might
    have been done already.)
  * HTML::Template is too tightly coupled
  * managing HTTP headers is a complete pain

> I'm kinda terrified to mention it on the CGI::App mailing list for
> fears of getting back "are you insane... lightweight web framework +
> moose = oxymoron!"

As long as you're careful to label it a research project and not a
replacement, I don't think you'll get much flamage on the CGI::App
list.

Also, I think Mark Stosberg started a rewrite of CGI::App awhile back in
Moose, didn't he?  Or was it in in Pugs?

Michael