[tpm] March's meeting

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Mar 28 13:00:40 PDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 1:12 PM, James E Keenan wrote:

> I'm in the process of taking these communications and posting them to
> the Parrot list and/or bug-tracking system.  I'll be cc-ing to.pm on
> these posts.  And those of you who could not make the meeting are
> welcome to replicate what we did and post results as well.

Here are links to 7 RT tickets which I opened today reflecting the
discussion at last night's TPM meeting.  The first ticket is an
overall item.  The second and third are based on Indy's reports.  The
fourth and fifth are based on Andy/Tom/Abram's work.  The sixth and
seventh are based on Seneca's work.

http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=52196 [TODO] Secure F2F
user feedback for configure-build-test cycle for Parrot and languages
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=52198 [BUG]: Test
failures on Win32: t/op/arithmetics.t t/op/sprintf.t t/pmc/complex.t
t/pmc/float.t
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=52202 [BUG]: Rakudo
build attempted on Win32 but couldn't get to Hello World
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=52206 Successful Rakudo
build on AMD Opteron Linux
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=52208 SunOS: Somewhat
noisy but successful build of Parrot and Rakudo
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=52212 [BUG] Darwin
configuration problem at step auto::readline diagnosed with respect
to libedit and editline
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=52214 [BUG] Lipo poses
problems when building Parrot on Darwin with Apple-built Perl 5.8

As best I could, I tried to edit the reports you sent me to eliminate
references to your directory paths.  And since I didn't specifically
request permission to use your names in these postings, I simply
referred to "the participant."  Hopefully, you'll follow these RTs
and shed that anonymity.

I encourage you to take a look at these items via either the web
interface to our bug-tracking system (links above), the news, mail or
web interfaces to the Perl 6 Internals/Parrot Porters list (web:
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.internals/) or Google
Groups (http://groups.google.com/group/perl.perl6.internals/topics?
gvc=2).

We've already received inquiries from Parrot developers about the
data we generated and reported.  For example:  Indy:  chromatic would
like you to rerun those 4 failing tests with 'prove -v' (for verbose
output).  Apparently last night we only ran them with 'prove'.

Thanks for coming last night and trying out Parrot and Perl 6.

Welcome to the Parrot project and the next generation of Perl!

Jim Keenan