[tpm] Wazzup for Thursday?

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Tue Mar 25 18:19:15 PDT 2008

Alright, I've arrived in Toronto.  Now why couldn't you arrange for
the balmy spring weather I got when I visited To. the last week of
March 4 years ago, eh?

Have noted the absence of any discussion re this Thursday's to.pm
meeting.  Was speaking with Alan R via that ancient communication
medium, the telephone, and he urged me to post some ideas.

1.  I have a talk, "Better Code via Coverage Analysis during
Testing," which I first gave at Pittsburgh Perl Workshop last
October.  IIRC, it's supposed to fit into a 45-minute time slot.

2.  "Parrot and Rakudo:  Getting to 'Hello, World'":  If we had
gotten a hackathon session together for Saturday (which we haven't so
far), this was something I was going to toss out.  The concept is
simple:  Everybody brings in a wireless-equipped laptop, downloads
Parrot, tries to configure, build and test Parrot, and then tries to
build Rakudo:  the Perl 6 implementation on Parrot.  We see what
obstacles we face in getting to first light and collaborate in
troubleshooting.

jimk