[tpm] WWW::Mechanize and setting cookies

Abram Hindle abez at abez.ca
Thu Jul 31 20:50:33 PDT 2008

$ua->cookie_jar({});

or

WWW::Mechanize->new(cookie_jar=>{}); Will initialize a cookie jar for you

This is helpful:

$ua->cookie_jar(new HTTP::Cookies());
$ua->default_headers(getDefaultHeader());

sub getDefaultHeaders {
        my $header = HTTP::Headers->new(
                User_Agent => "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920 Firefox/1.0.7",
                Accept     =>
"text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5",
                Accept_Language => "en-us,en;q=0.5",
                Accept_Encoding => "gzip,deflate",
                Accept_Charset  => "ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7",
                Keep_Alive => 300,
                Connection => "keep-alive",
        );
        #$header->remove_header('TE');
        return $header;
}

Also here are slides with tips at the end for using WWW::Mechanize

http://presentation.abez.ca/victoriaPMJan2003Slides.pdf

abram