[tpm] WWW::Mechanize and setting cookies

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Thu Jul 31 14:19:25 PDT 2008

Hi all,

   I've run into the need to set some cookies for a WWW::Mechanize
object I am using. As I understand it, the default 'cookie_jar' is
supposed to be an instance of HTTP::Cookies, but I can't see where that
is implemented in the module. Despite that, I tried calling the
'set_cookie' method but, as I expected, got an error saying that is not
a known method.

   So dear TPM, can someone clue me in on how to set a bunch of cookies
using WWW::Mechanize?

Bonus round!

   If this is an HTTP::Cookies object, what pray tell is '$version'
supposed to be when setting the cookie? Beyond setting it, there is no
mention of it in the docs and the code merely shows it being set to '0'
in undef.

Thanks as always!

Madi