[tpm] Tomorrow's meeting (was Re: Hi!)

Indy Singh indy at indigostar.com
Tue Feb 26 12:50:45 PST 2008

Totally agree.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alex Beamish
  To: tpm
  Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:46 PM
  Subject: Re: [tpm] Tomorrow's meeting (was Re: Hi!)

  On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Michael Graham <magog at the-wire.com> wrote:

    There should be a meeting tomorrow, but I haven't yet got the
    announcement out.

    We don't have a speaker scheduled, but we typically hang out and
    discuss tech things for an hour or so and then go get some food and
    beverages.

    What do you folks think about doing "social meetings" when we don't
    have a speaker scheduled?  Instead of booking the room, we just meet at
    a restaurant?

  I like the idea of meeting (even without a topic) in the classroom -- we can draw things on the whiteboard, hook up laptops to the projector and generally take as much space as we need. It's also good for latecomers, if any -- they know that they can come up to the classroom and join in. If we skip the classroom, people arriving late might not know how to find us.

  My two cents. :)

  --
  Alex Beamish
  Toronto, Ontario