[tpm] web transaction tester

Rob Janes janes.rob at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:39:35 PST 2007

I've used JMeter, but it's java not perl.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/

You run jmeter from the command line and then setup your browser to use
the jmeter instance as an http proxy.

jmeter will build a complete test script record of your browsing, which
you can then edit and tweak.

I used it to build some simple http scripts which I used to benchmark
and basically hammer a server, since jmeter will replay the test scripts
with as many threads as your machine can handle, for as many repetitions
as you like.

-rob