[tpm] html forms and submit buttons

Indy Singh indy at indigostar.com
Mon Jun 18 20:18:05 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I have an HTML form where I use several differnt button to trigger
different actions, e.g.
<input  type="Submit" NAME="action" VALUE="Open">
<input  type="Submit" NAME="action" VALUE="Close">

The problem with this approach is that if the script that processes this
has hard coded values "Open" and "Close", then the form can't be altered
to support a differnt language.  Is there a way for a submit button in
HTML to display differnt text than what gets submitted to a SCI script?

You can do the equivalent in a drop-down menu select control like this:
<select name="action">
  <option value="Open">Any display text here
  <option value="Close">Any display text here
</select>

I know that the script can be made smarter and not use hard coded
values, but I am hoping that there is an easier way.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Indy Singh
IndigoSTAR Software -- www.indigostar.com