[tpm] NEWS FLASH: Lightning strikes in Toronto during September

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 06:48:18 PDT 2007

As per recent history, September in Toronto is fraught with lightning.
...lightning talks that is.  TPM's September talk (27th) is scheduled
to be a Lightning Talk session, so we need volunteers!

Pick a topic, pick a module, pick a rant, pick a favorite,
pick anything related to Perl, or anything even vaguely
related to programing or computers.

Come up with 5 minutes of stand-up material for your talk
(or ten minutes, or even longer if you need it)

Send me a title and an estimate of how much time you'd like,
and I'll compile/announce the list and act as moderator/gong-operator
for the night.

Judging for this talent show will be done strictly by the
amount of applause, with no internet voting allowed.
The winner and runners-up get... well...
they get nothing because we don't have a prize budget.

But everyone who presents and listens is guaranteed to
learn something (dammit... I want entertainment, not 'lernin!)

So send me your topics (by the 20th), its always a great night.

Fulko (gong) Hew