[tpm] Perl Job Opportunity

Jane Brind jbrind at oanda.com
Thu Aug 9 12:57:56 PDT 2007

Hello Toronto Perl Mongers,

OANDA is looking to hire a Perl expert.  A blurb about our company is
listed below, but if you have specific questions or wish to send a
resume please contact me at: *jbrind at oanda.com* OR can send to our
general HR email: *hr-oanda at oanda.com.*

*/Why OANDA?/*

It's really pretty simple. We're 'Silicon Valley' in Toronto. We develop
new technologies in financial services. We employ exceptionally
talented, highly intelligent people. We foster a spirit of innovation
and creativity.

At OANDA, you will work under the leadership of world-renowned computer
science and economics experts. You will develop and challenge your
skills every day. You will have the ability to be self-directed in your
work within a collaborative team environment. You'll enjoy the immediacy
of a small company, but use the most advanced tools/technologies that a
large firm can offer. And to maintain that community feel at OANDA we
offer flexibility & sociability with things like a concierge service,
weekly Wed lunch, Friday @ 4 gatherings and more. You will contribute to
the growth and direction of OANDA, and your contributions to the success
of the company will be recognized and rewarded.

*/Who We Are:/*

OANDA Corporation is a high-growth, financially stable software
development and data services firm focused on the $2 trillion per day
foreign exchange industry. Our goal is to drive the development of
global foreign exchange by building the technologies that underpin this
lucrative, fast-paced industry. We are a small firm with a world-class
service line and a global customer base. We are extremely successful in
a highly competitive industry, while having fun and building a friendly,
learning-oriented culture.

OANDA has a sustained history of innovation and growth. Founded in 1996,
OANDA:

# Launched the first online currency conversion data service, which today
is referenced by over 85,000 websites.

# Launched the FXTradeTM platform -- the first graphical-based forex
trading platform to offer true 24/7, fully automated online trading with
immediate execution and second-by-second interest. (We execute over
300,000 trades daily.)

# Provides data and currency services to organizations such as global
accounting firms, international banks, major airlines, news
organizations, government tax authorities, and major financial companies.

# Developed the "Forex Trader's Bill of Rights" and leads the foreign
exchange industry in promoting transparency and ethical conduct.

For further information about OANDA Corporation, please visit our
website at_* www.oanda.com.*_

--
Jane Brind
OANDA