[Thousand-Oaks-pm] Perlmongers Reboot!

Bowen, Peter pbowen at conversantmedia.com
Mon Sep 14 10:52:41 PDT 2015

Hello Mongers,
I have some great news!  I’m rebooting Thousand Oaks Perl Mongers.  I was able to get Conversant to sponsor the next six months of Perl Mongers, which means that we have a Meetup page with free food and sodas at the evening mongers meetings.

Here’s the link to our meetup page – you should at least register.  I’m going to be buying the food based on the Meetup RSVPs. :)

http://www.meetup.com/thousand-oaks-pm/

I took an informal survey earlier in the summer and based on feedback that I received, I want to try a couple of things out.

1. Earlier start time – I had several members who said that they work nearby and would be more likely to come if they didn’t have to cool their heels for an hour after leaving work.  For the next two meetings we’ll start @ 6:00 pm.  We’ll have food, so you can come, grab a bite and stay.

2. Wednesdays seem to be a favorite – Looking at other meetings, the third Wednesday seems to be a good fit.

3. More interaction with LA.pm - I’m planning to start attending LA.pm  - maybe we can get more cross over. :)  I would love to carpool. :)

I’m also working on an easier way to update the web page, and I’ll get it updated this evening so that it matches the new dates. :)

If these work, we’ll keep doing them.  If they don’t we’ll try something else.  I look forward to seeing you at Perl Mongers.

-Peter