[Thousand-Oaks-pm] Idea for discussion

Cynthia Brevik cynthia-brevik at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 17 16:08:30 PDT 2012

This may not be the ideal topic for discussion, but it is an idea
nonetheless...

It might be interesting and educational if the group members were to share
at least some of the routines that we have home-rolled to perform those
annoying, repetitive tasks such as dealing with dates, numbers etc.

For example, I hate bringing in the sprintf baggage for simple string
formatting, so I have a 'personal' .pm that contains a set of basic routines
that I use all of the time. Granted, it certainly does not replace even a
fraction of what sprint can do, but it does most of what *I* need to do
regularly.

My routines will no doubt seem trivial to the group, but I am willing to
reveal them all, probably at least a dozen in all. This could then evolve
into techniques for creating modules.

If anyone is at all interested in participating in this topic, please
respond to the list.