[Thousand-Oaks-pm] CGI with Plack

David Oswald daoswald at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:07:46 PDT 2012

The question was posed whether dotCloud could be used with simple CGI.

dotCloud uses Plack as a middleware to abstract away the
implementation details of the web-server.  If you want to use CGI, you
would need to find a module that interfaces with Plack and emulates a
CGI environment.  It actually looks pretty simple.  I found in the
Plack FAQ the following:

http://search.cpan.org/~miyagawa/PSGI-1.101/PSGI/FAQ.pod#I_have_a_CGI_or_mod_perl_application_that_I_want_to_run_on_PSGI/Plack._What_should_I_do?

("I have a CGI or mod_perl application that I want to run on
PSGI/Plack. What whould I do?")

So I think the answer is yes, use a module that emulates CGI with a
Plack back-end.  dotCloud should be able to host it just like any web
app that uses Plack as middleware.

--

David Oswald
daoswald at gmail.com