[Thousand-oaks-pm] jobs available, going unfilled

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Thu Sep 23 13:45:10 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Randal L. Schwartz
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Twice in the last two days, two different organizations in the greater
> LA area approached me to help them find folks to fill mid-level Perl
> hacking slots (varying between IT and webdev).  They both said "it's
> getting *very* hard to find people."
>
> Now, I'm really curious.  Why is this?
>
> Is it a supply problem, or a demand problem, or both?

I can only speak for myself, but I'm very happy with my full time job
at my current employer, and I don't want to overload myself by trying
to pick up something on the side (and potentially affecting my ability
to work on the job that pays the bills).  Is it correct to assume that
they wanted someone full time for some contract time?

Plus you do have the notoriety to attract these kinds of offers.  Us
unknowns that stay inside our walled garden don't get these kinds of
offers out of the blue.

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and