[Thousand-oaks-pm] In anticipation of Perl 6 Hackathon

Todd Presta toddpresta at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 13 15:37:30 PDT 2009

I think the database interface and XML would be the trickiest. I would have to perform more research, but it may be possible to interface to a SQLite dynamic library via Native Call Interface. There is information for Parrot for NCI, but I do not know of the connection between Perl 6 and NCI at this point. Maybe an NCI layer in Parrot has to be part of the Perl 6 build?

Anyway, here's a link for the Parrot NCI:

http://docs.parrot.org/parrot/latest/html/docs/pdds/draft/pdd16_native_call.pod.html

If okay with everyone, I would like to investigate the database interface layer, primarily searching for existing projects, and/or determining the feasibility of rolling an adapter ourselves.

I assume this project will be targeting a *nix deployment?

-- Todd Presta

-- http://www.asciiville.com