[Thousand-oaks-pm] Rakudo

Aran Deltac adeltac at valueclick.com
Fri Jan 18 08:16:37 PST 2008

Several people expressed sentiment at the last perl mongers that Perl 6
is so different from Perl 5 that it shouldn't be called Perl 6, but
something else.  I myself am on the fence about this issue.

I'm not sure how for this will go, but it looks like they are naming the
implementation of Perl 6, on Parrot, as "Rakudo".  There is a posting
about this on perlbuzz.com as well as a new rakudo.org blog.

I'm waiting for the name "Rakudo" to grow on me, but so far it hasn't.
:)
Maybe if I say it like rahCK-ud-OOEE, kinda like how they say Muadib in
Dune when they shoot their Weirding Modules, I'll enjoy the new name
more.

Aran Deltac

ValueClick Media
Software Engineering Manager