[Thousand-oaks-pm] January PerlMonger's meeting

Daniel Sherer Daniel at Sherer.org
Thu Jan 12 09:36:59 PST 2006

I enjoyed last night's meeting.  It was nice to meet outside of an office
environment for a change.

 We didn't try to present anything, just some general discussions.  We
talked about maybe offering t-shirts thru the CafePress site.  We talked
about volunteering as a group to help some local charity.  Mention was also
made of other promotional materials, like club business cards.  And, of
course, we talked about some of the things we're doing with Perl (and some
other languages/technologies).

We have an offer from Paul to present at next months meeting, as well as to
host the next meeting.  The only thing about that (and it wasn't a condition
for him to present, just an offer) is that he offered to host the February
meeting at his office in Oxnard.  It's a few miles farther away, at least
for those of us in T.O./W.L.V., but it's not that far and you can use it as
an excuse to go by and see the new Fry's.

Daniel