[Thousand-oaks-pm] next weeks meeting

Aran Deltac adeltac at valueclick.com
Wed Jan 4 14:49:44 PST 2006

> Hi everyone.
>
> Let's do something different this year and get some plans going ahead
> of time for our meeting scheduled for a week from today, 1/11/6.

You da man.

> First off, I propose we consider meeting at somewhere less formal.
> The hassle of having VC be so hard to find, making someone stay after
> and leave the door open, watch for people, etc.. is probably worth it
> (which is easy for me to say now that I don't have to do it
> anymore :), but it's worth trying something else. Some other PM
> groups I've heard about _only_ meet at restaurants and bars, perhaps
> there is emergent behavior there worth replicating..

Well, I don't mind letting people in and I really like having a
projector for presentations.  But, if we can get more people to attend
by moving to a more social atmosphere then so be it.

> So first issue is -- where.
>   If we can't agree on something good by the day before, let's
> default back to VC. I'll vote for the Buddha Bar (http://
> maps.google.com/maps?

sll=34.156136,-118.789501&sspn=0.042758,0.053473&hl=en&q=bar&btnG=Search
> &latlng=34156136,-118789501,10314171620174247264) personally.

Sounds good to me.

> Second issue - who. I'd just like to take a rough count of who is
> planning on going to be able to warn whichever place we go to
> (history informs us to take the expected headcount and multiply it by
> rand() to get the real headcount, but i'll use it anyway).
>
> Third issue - what. Who will present (and with what probability), and
> what will they present. If we have the informal thing, it should
> probably only be one or two five-minute presentations, but you know,
> whatever.

I'd like to present "DBIx::Class: What Your Grandma Dun Know".

Aran