[Thousand-oaks-pm] next weeks meeting

Paul Jacobs paul at pauljacobs.net
Wed Jan 4 14:10:13 PST 2006

Hi everyone.

Let's do something different this year and get some plans going ahead
of time for our meeting scheduled for a week from today, 1/11/6.

First off, I propose we consider meeting at somewhere less formal.
The hassle of having VC be so hard to find, making someone stay after
and leave the door open, watch for people, etc.. is probably worth it
(which is easy for me to say now that I don't have to do it
anymore :), but it's worth trying something else. Some other PM
groups I've heard about _only_ meet at restaurants and bars, perhaps
there is emergent behavior there worth replicating..

So first issue is -- where.
  If we can't agree on something good by the day before, let's
default back to VC. I'll vote for the Buddha Bar (http://
maps.google.com/maps?
sll=34.156136,-118.789501&sspn=0.042758,0.053473&hl=en&q=bar&btnG=Search
&latlng=34156136,-118789501,10314171620174247264) personally.

Second issue - who. I'd just like to take a rough count of who is
planning on going to be able to warn whichever place we go to
(history informs us to take the expected headcount and multiply it by
rand() to get the real headcount, but i'll use it anyway).

Third issue - what. Who will present (and with what probability), and
what will they present. If we have the informal thing, it should
probably only be one or two five-minute presentations, but you know,
whatever.

- Paul