Just for fun

Brent Fulgham brent.fulgham at xpsystems.com
Wed Jul 26 17:08:36 CDT 2000

> > > Red's makes some great BBQ (don't let the nice building fool you)
>
> In one of the Hyatt's buildings.  I lived in Alabama for a
> while and learned that the quality of a BBQ place was INVERSELY
> proportional to how nice the building looked.  The shacks were
> always better than the posh establishments.  But, like I said,
> this place is OK.  (It's no "Dreamland" but their tri-tip salad
> is great and I also enjoy their ribs.  Plus, the cooks wear shirts!

I lived in Northern Florida for a couple of years and found that
rule to be true there as well.  The big question is when you ask
for cole slaw, do they ask if you want it on your sandwich?  :-)

> Sushi?  Not my cup of tea, but there's a (supposedly quite
> good) place in the middle of the Janns mall.  But I prefer the
> Mandarin (also located in Janns).  I've also heard good things
> about the one on "Skyline Dr.", just off T.O. Blvd.

The Sushi place is fair -- I'm not a big sushi fan, but their
other offerings are only okay.  The Mandarin is good, but my
favorite is Stix (which is in that same strip mall as the
Restoration Hardware).

> Say the word and we can meet for lunch (this goes for all the
> Perl Mongers!)  I'm not offering to pay, but I'd like to meet
> more of you, and there hasn't been much enthusiasm for evening
> meetings...

Yeah -- at the end of the day I'm ready to just get home.  A
lunch meeting sounds great.  We should all set one up sometime.

-Brent